On the hunt for a new apartment complex to call home but overwhelmed with all the options out there? Do not worry, I am here to hold your hand and share the best deals around town with you. Many people don't know working with a real estate agent is absolutely no cost to you. Working with a Realtor to locate the perfect apartment will save you so much time and stress. We have access to knowing which apartments fit within your criteria and who is offering the best discount. Instead of endlessly searching the web and making phone calls to get pricing and availability, your trusted Realtor can handle all of this for you. Leaving more time for you to spend doing what you love. Below I share a few tips on how to choose the best apartment for you.
Consider the location
- This might seem obvious but it is one of the most important things to consider. Say the two apartments you are considering are only 5 minutes from each other but one is located on a busy road, you might spend more time sitting in traffic waiting to access the highway while the other one is ideally located for jumping on the highway. Even if commuting for work isn't something you need to consider there are so many different things that come into play.
Do you have pets?
- Most apartments are pet friendly, however, something you may not consider when touring the complex is how much green space there is for your pet. Have an energetic dog who loves to run? Consider an apartment with a dog park and ample space to take them on walks. After a long day of work the last thing you want to think about is where you can let your dog do their business at. So most importantly, look around the complex and make sure you do not have to go on a hike just to find some grass.
Do you love going to the gym? Are amenities important to you?
- Some apartments don't offer a fitness center. This may not be an issue for you if you are already a member of a gym elsewhere and do not plan on making a change. However, if you love to get a workout in before or after work, having a fitness center at your complex would be ideal and save you time and money. So consider not only if the apartment offers a gym but think about what other amenities are important to you. Do you love to swim and soak up sun during the summer? Making sure your apartment has a pool with outdoor grills and an area to hangout might be at the top of your list. Another example that can be over looked is does the apartment offer a conference room or business center. This space could allow you to host meetings without the need to rent out another space. They might also offer a printer and a desk area where you can escape your apartment and get some work done in new scenery. Do you love hosting people? Consider the clubhouse. Is it a space you would want to rent out for the day to invite your friends and family over for a gathering? The list goes on and the amenities offered from apartment to apartment vary so much.
Is safety a huge concern?
- Some apartments you access from the outside and some you walk inside a locked door to a well lit hallway making it more secure. Depending on your situation, walking into a well lit hallway indoors might be important to you. You will also want to consider how the parking lot is set up. If you are worried about safety, make sure you can park nearby your apartment / a door going inside so you do not have a long walk through a parking lot when coming home in the evening. Also consider if the unit available is on the first floor or not.
Consider the layout
- There are so many different variations of layouts and finding the best one for you and your needs is important. While looking online you might see multiple different apartment complexes offering the same square footage. However, one might feel bigger to you due to its layout. You are already working with a smaller space so consider what could be wasted space. Does the unit have a built in desk but you will never use it? This then becomes a place for clutter and ultimately wasted square footage. Another example would be if the unit offered a dinning room area but you know you will never sit down for a formal dinner and eating at the kitchen bar or coffee table is more your style, you might prefer that extra space to go towards the living room or bedroom. Considering your lifestyle is crucial.
Those are just a few tips for considering what apartment complex is best for you. If you have any questions, I am always here to answer them and walk through your situation with you so we can find out what is most important.