Tips on winterizing your texas home
Although it has not stayed cold for long yet here in Houston and we don't get harsh winters, you still might want to consider implementing some of the following tips to winterize your Texas home this December. It is easy to brush these items to the side but these small actions could save you lots of dollars down the road.
- Clean the gutters.
- Clean your chimney. Too much build up can cause a fire.
- Check for airflow. Does your front door need a weatherstrip or a window need replacing? Do your kitchen pipes need to be resealed?
- Check safety detectors making sure they have new batteries and are working properly.
- Prepare the outdoor water pipes. Remove water hose, drain lines, shut off valve, insulate spigot, etc.
- Check HVAC system to insure it is functioning properly.
- Check insulation ensuring you do not need to replace any which will help keep heat inside your home.
- Flush water heater.
- Winterize your pool.
- Trim trees making sure no dead branches are left behind.
- Stock up on water bottles, nonperishable food, batteries, firewood, etc.
Stay safe this winter and enjoy the cooler weather while we have it!
Leave a Reply.